Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Book Recommendations, Please.

So, my dearest and well-read friends...I decided that while I am here in England I would like to read a lot of British literature. I am sure that I could do a Google search and find out on my own, but what is the fun in that? I dare say, none. So, without further ado I make my request. Could you ladies be kind enough to recommend to me your favorites from the British author libraries? I can't wait to get started.

Right now I am reading Anna Karenina, a very long book, but a classic nonetheless.

I love you all and miss you. Don't forget that you are welcome to come and stay with me here in London.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Hmm, I'll have to think some more about that. But off the top of my head: Harry Potter :), I Capture the Castle, Wuthering Heights, Alice in Wonderland (written at Oxford by a professor)...that's it for now. AND, I love the pictures of your new house! Especially the yard! How amazing.

Calista said...

Tara! Okay, top of the list must be Sherlock Holmes, but I like mysteries. And Jane Austen because all that beautiful scenery outside London is in her books. Also, Dickens has a few good ones set in London. Robert Louis Stevenson is Scottish- but that's British too:)I REALLY wanna visit you, the only thing stopping me is money...but, hopefully after I finish school.