Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My first snow day EVER!

Big snowstorms in places like Utah hardly faze anyone, but it turns out that DC is not equipped for this kind of weather... Thus, yesterday I experienced my first snow day! I left work at noon and didn't have to come in until 11am this morning :) I swear I didn't even see any snow plowers out doing their job before I went to work yesterday. (I metro to work, so luckily I didn't have to worry about the roads...)

Inaguration here in DC was crazy! But, it was really neat to be a part of it. My friend lives by the Pentagon, so I spent the night (Mon night) at her place and then we ran into DC for the inaguration festivities last Tuesday. Memorial Bridge was closed to everyone except pedestirans so that was pretty cool. We initially wanted to run all the way to the Capitol, but there were too many people and the detour would have probably added an additional 3 miles to our already long run. We chose to stay by the Washington Monument and watch the proceedings on the giant screens. It was super-cold and there was mucha gente--I think there were an estimated 2 million! Security was pretty high, but I am still grateful that there were no terrorist attacks on all of the civicly-minded people who wanted to go to the inaguration. I had ensured that I made everything right in my life before heading there just to be safe ;)

As far as other updates go, I am currently applying to law school for the fall. (I HATE writing my personal statement, ugh.) I am only applying to CA schools because I decided that if I'm going to put myself through the h*** (sorry) of law school, at least I'm going to be WARM! (Did I mention that this is the coldest winter of my life?!) What I end up doing this summer is largely dependent on where I get accepted... but I am for sure moving back to CA this summer! Work is still the same; I've finished reading my 8th book while working at this job... Everything else is going fine... oh, and I'm single again as well. I love you all and think about you often! Besos y abrazos!

1 comment:

Tara Ann said...

I forgot that was the original reason I facebooked you, to see what you got on your LSAT, but I forgot to ask. I guess you did well since you are still going to Law School. And yep, you are going to pay up the wazzoo for your education so go to the best school you get into so that when you are looking for jobs afterwards the school will hold more clout for your resume. We are so glad that we decided to pay the big bucks for Michigan with the way the economy is Michigan holds enough clout to guarantee Kevin a job-what a blessing!

Are you driving back to CALI, cause if so you better stop here for a few days OR ELSE!!!

And ps, be grateful for your "freezing" weather. We are always ecstatic when it is 30 or a little higher then maybe the roads will defrost.